Top 10 Yogi Berra Quotes
Hall of Fame catcher Yogi Berra passed away last night at the age of 90. He was a man famous not only for baseball, but also for his propensity to utter things that made people do a double take.
Some assumed that he was just confused, but others have seen profundity in Yogi’s quotes. According to sportswriter Phil Pepe, “When he says something that seems funny, it really isn’t funny at all; it is wise.” Personally, I think many take comfort in Yogi’s sayings because they are the kinds of seemingly contradictory statements many of us make in our everyday speech—things that might not hold up to logical scrutiny, but which make sense to those around us.
In remembrance of Yogi Berra, here are ten of his best quotes:
1. “It ain’t over till it’s over.”
2. “A nickel ain’t worth a dime anymore.”
3. “When you come to a fork in the road, take it.”
4. “Always go to other people’s funerals, otherwise they won’t come to yours.”
5. “No one goes there nowadays; it’s too crowded.”
6. “Never answer an anonymous letter.”
7. “The future ain’t what it used to be.”
8. “Baseball is ninety percent mental and the other half is physical.”
9. “It gets late early out here.”
10. “I never said most of the things I said.”